Monday 11 May 2009

Eight-Legs

Our friends, spiders/les araignees/ chelicerate arthropods


I am in shock. my face is like ---- :O :( yeah, basically deeply unhappy. so the whole story started when i decided to get myself a snack. (as you do.) so, i go to the fridge. my eye is drawn to a black spot on the floor. (about the size of a 10p). but i just ignored it, cos there are frequently marbles ETC on our floors. but then it moved and disappeared under the fridge. of course, i had to notice it. i thought it was a marble, therefore it had rolled. but no. it resurfaced and went to the wall. literally the BIGGEST spider i had ever seen in my life was standing (?) there, waiting. waiting. and i stood still incase it tried to run at me. i am serious, it was literally 2cm away from my foot, so it could've run up my leg into my jeans...my face is cringing with horror just thinking about it. EW. So I screamed for my Dad, who was very reluctant to remove himself from his newspaper to kill it. [sorry, spider lovers. it's how things work in my house.] But he did, and I was safe. :)

i wasn't scared...


Fascinating Fact:

Cooked tarantula spiders are considered a delicacy in Cambodia

No matter how fascinating the fact, I am still scared of them.

(a sidenote on today's post, had my chemistry exam today. i am praying for a credit pass. who knew maltose was identified by Benedict's?? sob. also, had english on friday and it went good. confident about maths and english. computing on wednesday :( )

No comments:

Post a Comment